Podolsky district of Kiev





Information about Kiev and the districts of Kiev, historical places of Kiev.
Podolsk district
First mentioned in 1917, in connection with the formation in March, Podolsky District Committee RSDLP (b). However, the final was officially founded in 1921 by Podil. In the years 1934-44 was called Petrovsky district. In 1975 he isolated from the Minsk district. Today in the Podolsk district includes, at least 26 residential historic districts.

Hem (Podolia) located along the Dnieper and Kiev harbor, the slopes of the mountains Starokyivska, Schekavitsa, Yurkovitsa, between the pedestrian bridge across the Dnieper and Factory Street. The main streets - Sagaidachnogo Konstantinovskaya Naberezhno-Kreschatikskaya, Upper and Lower Shaft, the famous square - Kontraktovaya, Zhitnetorzhskaya. Postage. The name comes from the fact that the area lies "on the downward", ie in the valley lowlands. Makes the most ancient part of town. The first settlement, for example, Cyril's parking lot, back to the Stone Age. Hem has repeatedly suffered devastating raids of uninvited guests, extensive fires and floods. After a grand fire in 1811 in which once was elevated again. Consolidation and replanned quarters, instead of winding and narrow streets paved streets straight line. It was always a trade and crafts center. The river Pochajna served as one of the tracks on the route "from the Vikings to the Greeks", and its estuary, a tributary of the Dnieper somewhere between the current pedestrian bridge, and Postal Square, was a harbor-haven - "butt" for the ships from afar. Own line of defense building situated along the current streets of the Upper and Lower Shaft. In 30-ies of XX century Hem parallel is also called Petrovka, in honor of President VUTSIK in 1934-38 Grigori Petrovsky. It was in these years Podol well all over Kyiv, persistently destroyed monuments as not representing the state value. After all, in fact, knowingly sings that "Without Podil Kiev is not possible, as without the cross of St. Vladimir. Surviving fragments of Podil and still leads all lovers of antiquity in the divine ecstasy.

Borichev (Borichev, Zborichev) is located in the vicinity of the street Borichev current. Although the name of the area and produce from the word "Borichev (Biryuch), signifying the official, a representative of princely power, settled in this area mainly artisans. It is here, according to the "Lay," Igor, Polovtsian fled from captivity, not just go there "on Borichev to the Holy Virgin Pirogoshcha", ie to the church, which was at the foot of Castle Hill and is particularly helpful for travelers on the road to return home unharmed .

POTTER located Podol in the streets of pottery.
The name comes from the fact that there has long lived craftsmen-potters. Workshops pottery shop existed prior to the beginning of XIX century.

Degtyar (Digtyari) are located on Podol in the streets of Tar and final part of the street Kozhemyatskoy. The name derives from the profession of its settlers craftsmen - tar that produced resinous liquid by dry distillation of wood and peat.

Kozhemyaki  located Podol in the street and the street Kozhemyatskoy Vozdvizhenskaya. Here, from the time of Kievan Rus craftsmen lived Kozhumyaky. Their hands were strong. From here on out fist fight with a snake-eater legendary Cyril (or Nikita) Kozhemyaka, which forever turned away from the ground nose heathens "Russian".

Castle Hill (Kiselevskaya, Frolovskaya, Kievitsa, Horevitsa) is Podol between Starokievsky mountain. Schekavitsey, Gonchar and Kozhemyaka one hand and the actual Podil - on the other. Represents the final part of the high right bank of the Dnieper with steep slopes. According to archaeological data, was settled in the late 3rd millennium BC. Some scientists suggest that before Polyansky Prince cue built on Mount Starokievsky strengthening, initiating Kiev, the seat of his was on the Castle Hill. In 1X-X centuries there was a country princely palace. The ancient name of the mountain is unknown, and because it is sometimes imprecisely called Kievitsey. Even thinks that it was here Vyshgorod, Grand ducal residence in the fortress, defending Kiev against attacks from the north. Identified the mountain and Horevitsey, which settled one of the brothers, founders of the city. In the 70-80-ies of the XIV century, when the hem after the destruction of the Mongol-Tatars Upper City became the center of Kiev, on Castle Hill was built a wooden castle Lithuanian governor. In 1482 during the invasion of the Crimean Khan Meli Hirei castle was burned, but somewhere after fifty or sixty years, restored and rebuilt. In the castle there were 15 combat chetyrehyarusnyh towers, and its area exceeded twice the plateau itself (flat part), Castle Hill. This is explained simply. Lock bridge with fortification on the hill Vzdyhalnitse (now St. Andrew's Hill). And the two mountains, thus forming a single entity, known as one of the Castle Hill. Kyselivka hill became known as the middle of XVII century by the name of the Kiev governor Adam Kisel (1580-1653). In 1651 the rebels Ukrainian Cossacks mastered locking consolidation no worse than the Tatars and the excitement burned entrenched there Polish garrison, together with all facilities. Gore was empty. And not the first time she was again covered with orchards and pumpkin plantations. Since 1816 there has grown a cemetery for people Podil Goncharov and Kozhemyako. In 1854 he moved to Kyselivka Flor monastery, hence the name of another. The church was built, and built a wall around the cemetery. In Soviet times there was erected a small "secret-application" object, including monotonous muffled chatter "foes duck voices from behind a hill. However, his ducks were carried out in due time and at Castle Hill. Once situated at the foot of swamp reeds and having the name of black mud. The marsh is gradually drained, and in its place was built female Florovsky monastery. I must say, not to honor those who contribute the land for construction, but to the great honor of its residents and novices.

Mart (Podolskoye Targovishte, Torhovytsia, Zhitniy Torg) is located on Podol between Kontraktova Zhitniy area and an indoor market. Along the way "from the Vikings to the Greeks", the water trade route, a North of Russia to the southern lands, and the Baltic Sea - the Black. In contrast to the noble Babina Torzhok on Starokievsky grief, which was used mostly to wealthy and noble people of the city, mart was more massive. These merchants came from all over: Vikings, Byzantines, Germans, Arabs, Khazars, Bukhara, Bulgars. Mart, was also at the center of civic and political life of Kiev, there were going to people's Chamber. True, the so-called "black" (they occur even near Turova icon case in modern Turkey), usually the same vsesoslovnye Chambers call together near St. Sophia Cathedral. In H1U-XV century mart becomes a major economic center of Kiev. Up until the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, then placed trading colonies: "the Armenian Quarter", "Greek quarter", a Genoese, Turkish and other "yard". Development mart contributed Kiev brotherhood, uniting artisans 17 artisans' guilds, and Mezhygirska Compound Zaporozhye Sech, as well as conversion of here in 1797 from the city of Dubno Contract Fair, for which the contracts, agreements for the wholesale purchase and sale of handicrafts, industrial products, agricultural products, for sale, purchase, rental estates, as well as processed credit transactions, mortgage estates, cash loans, family business landlords, property-related (marriage contract, dowry, wills), and so on. All transactions recorded in the main civil court and committed in the winter each year beginning in the building of a magistrate, and then in a special Contract house. And on Zhitniy bazaar not far from the current Zhitnyaya market twice a year going to the crowded fair. Around the square were erected so supportive of the means of handicraft and trade associations of churches, particularly in the years 1132-36 ascended Pyrohoshchi Virgin Church efforts of traffickers grain merchants. And just for the Olympics in 1980 finally figured efforts of Soviet builders to construct a three-storey indoor market Zhitny 1350 trade places, each of which was equipped with hot and cold water. However, the long-planned 8-storey hotel on the 112 seats in the market to build has not yet happened.

BISKUPSCHINA
located Podol Zhitnyaya in the covered market between the streets of Yaroslavl and Saviour. Known since the mid XIV century as the earth, when appropriate, a Catholic bishop (bishop), hence the name. There was at one time Peter and Paul Cathedral. Originally, the church of Saints Peter and Paul built a Polish bishop Kristof Kazimirsky as gothic Roman Catholic Church of St. Nicholas at the monastery of the Dominicans. Using building materials obtained during dismantling of the ruins, in particular, associated with Catholic saints Borisoglebskaya church in nearby Vyshegorod Dominican fathers completed the construction somewhere in 1610. After connection of Ukraine to Russia in 1654 the church was transferred to Kyiv Metropolis and substantially rebuilt. In 1920 Peter and Paul church was closed for worship. In the early 30-ies of the structure intended to be used for storage of the Central Archives of Ukraine. But it turned out otherwise. With the permission of People's Commissar of Education church was demolished in 1935. Where did the ancient bricks at this time remains unknown.

GLUBOCHITSA (ditch) located Podol in the streets of the Upper and Lower Shaft. He wears the name of the once great river, a tributary of the Pochajna. Initial river was a dense network of adjacent streams and ravines, but as the population of the area they covered, and the river as a result of petty and becomes unsuitable for navigation. At the end of XVIII century mainstream Glubochitsy Podol straightened up and was surrounded by trees to protect nearby homes from flooding. Hence the name of the street with opposite sides - top and bottom shaft. Since Glubochitsu still called and ditch, channel, or garbage, as the waste dumped here pottery, tar and kozhemyatskogo production processes did not attribute it or purity or flavors. In the middle of the XIX century the moat was rebuilt in the sewer. The river-stream is still alive today, and is fed by precipitation and water sources, the main of which is spring in Kmitovom jar. Part of the area belongs to the Shevchenko district.

PLOSSKOE (flat) located in Podol between the streets of Lower Shaft, Frunze Factory and the Kiev Sea. Known this flat, flat terrain was still at the Kyiv Rus as a settlement or Ploskolinsk Plesnesk. In the Middle Ages called Slobodka Ploskoleskoy or Flat Forest. In 1539 the village is referred to as flat. At the end of XVIII century, during the intensive building Podol was formed Plossky police station, uniting itself with Plosskoe Kurenyovka and Priorka. The name "street Plosskaya" was the present-day street Frunze.

Turov (Turovtsev) is Podol in the streets Voloska, Turov, Ratmansky between the streets Mezhigorskaya Naberezhno-Meadow, Naberezhno-Kreschatikskoy and Shchekavyts'ka. Immediately flowing stream of the same name, as well as the shrine was Turov, Turov church on the site of temples, near Kiev where artisans gathered to their people's Chamber. What was this place, so dear and sacred to the ordinary people of Kiev? Tour - this is not just "float", buffalo, bison, a bull, and above all the force that drives, presses, produces life-giving matter remains in motion and animating, inspiring her. According to one hypothesis, Tour - he's Hair, or whiter, it is a force that "voleet" and tells him, willing and able, willing and embodies desirable, in solar fruitful, joyful and irresistible. She served as a symbolic image, in particular, the bull's head, horns, beard, identified with the magical potential male n ¬ nitaliyami, such as horns, testicles - the personification of the potential and effective faith-which may ¬ properties of, the activity of which - it is an allegorical bull's head, a result of a manifestation - a beard, "a synonym for" generosity, wealth and fertility. Is not this the chronicle and meaningful "naming" Volos (Veles) "cattle god"? Whatever it was, but the fact remains - in the treaties with the Greeks of ancient Kiev Velez correlated with gold, the priesthood power and wealth, while the other is constantly referred to, along with his god - the thunder Perun - with arms, the force of the state. In ancient Kiev idol Perun stood on the hill, and idol Veles - at hem; in the creation of Perun needed a strong and autocratic princely rule. Whitish same (he's Hair and Tour) is easy and desirable to live with every simple man and lived every home. Well, for the authoritarian regime was more important to have available power, albeit fleeting, inhospitable, a grave in the contracts with her obligations, but is capable of quickly hitting (as the capacitor current) and is very frightening "to continue *. And for the common man more important was the power of reliable, long-term and stable. That's why he was friends with their hair yielding trudolyubivtsam happiness, love and prosperity.

Pochajna (Poch, Puchayna) is located on Podol from the area streets Pochayninskaya to the waterfront. The name given here once flowed a river, a tributary of the Dnieper. As regards the name of the river there are several versions. Either the "desired", or "water", or "expansive". Interestingly the last value, since, according to legend, in particular, Dobrynya Nikitich in this "Puig-river" lived her foaming Dragon, elemental destructive force that could cope with only prevesma nedyuzhy heart of oak. Not by accident and the location of temples of Veles (Tour) is close Poch River. Velez, closely associated with the existence of rights and seeks to help him, was supposed to be a protector of the creatures belonging to the people as consumers' as people say, to the pigs. As a ruler and guide of the same elements fire, water, air and land, and that selfish obosoblenets Dragon, Velez helped in the capture of a man (from the word "will") own the same supernatural powers. In the area of Podil Pochajna separated from the Dnieper sand bar, which is blurred, when in the XIX century the main flow of the Dnieper was sent to the right bank. At the same location of the upper channel Pochaina remained Obolon chain of lakes.

Dorogozhychi (Dorogozhische) are located in the streets of Helena Teligi and to prospect Chervoni Kazakov. In the X1-HP1 centuries there was the tract, which converge towards a Vyshgorod, Chernigov, Novgorod, Smolensk and other cities - a kind of "harvest roads. Happening here and other "stubble". In 980, 1146 and 1169 respectively Dorogozhychi were local battles rival princes. But in fact, people have chosen this place is 25-15 thousand years ago, then erecting a tent-like dwellings of mammoth bones.

SHPOLYANKA located in Kurenyovka Shpolyanskoy along the street, alley and began Veselkovogo streets Taghilsky and fruity. In the first decades of XX century there existed an orchard, which belonged to nobody Shpolyanskoy. Garden gone, but the buildings of the first half of this century preserved enough.

Kopylov (Kopylovo) is located in Kurenyovka in the streets Kopylovskii. The name of the terrain and the natural boundary of the surname of the first settlers. It is mentioned in the first half of XIX century.

Kurenyovka
located between Podil Obolon, Priorka and raw. The main streets: Frunze (final part). Peter and Paul, Beletskaya, Syretska. Known since the middle of the XVII century as a suburb of Kiev, which housed the Cossacks (from the word "smoking", to produce the smoke and stench) of the Kiev Cossacks pasture (camp). Later Kurenevka settled townspeople, and they certainly are doing gardening and horticulture. Now Kurenivka - large industrial and residential area of the city.

ZAMKOVISCHE located on Priorka Zamkovetskoy in the streets. Once upon a time there stood a castle. It is believed that this was a chronicle Olzhin grad of Kievan Rus.

Belich Field is located on Kurenyovka in the streets Belitskaya. Whether at a local tract vodilos many protein, then whether it was simply "white", blank. Mentioned in the second half of the XIX century.

Mosticki in Podolsky district is located between the streets on Priorka Novomostitskoy, Villages Zapadynkoy and winegrowers. Known since the first half of the XIX century. The name comes from the wooden cover, which "bridges" the street, laid in swampy areas. In 1982, construction commenced Mocicki residential community. It consists of three districts, and was built 9-12 and 16-storey residential buildings. Part of the area belongs to the Shevchenko district.

ZAPADYNKA (Zapadyntsy) is located in the vicinity of the street and opposite Zapadynskoy lying part of the prospectus of Pravda. The name is mentioned in the XIX century. Known to have been the local Zapadynskie sand hills, formed a "sink" - a shallow hollow circular and oval shapes. Old buildings and small-bumpy terrain was demolished in the 80 years of the century.

Vetryani Gory located on Priorka between streets Osipovskii, Svetlitsky, Chervonopolskoy. For the first time mentioned at the end of XIX century. The name given to the nature of blown from all sides terrain. The main building of 1961-65 period.

SHEVCHENKO village is located on Priorka between Windy Mountains, growers, Pusha-Voditskim forest and Kin-Grief. The main streets - Krasicki, Soshenko, Zolochivs'ka, Kosenko. Known since the 20's of XX century. Initially stretched along the streets Krasicki, Lesia Ukrainka Zolochiv, alley Bestuzhev. In 40-50-s grown to its present size. Although it has been named after the famous poet, Taras in this area do not have to dwell. Is that indirectly. In August 1859 Shevchenko some time lived with Stephanie Loboda at number 5 on Vishgorod street. A street is in its final hundredths of rooms in the end rests on the area and the village of Shevchenko. Or else, such a relationship. The former street in the village of Shevchenko Shevchenko after she visited the years 1953-61 Stalinogorsk, called the street Krasicki. And the artist Foty Krasitsky accounted for the same grandnephew of Taras Shevchenko.

Kin-Grust (Cottage Kulzhenko) is located in the area of Shevchenko and nearby parts of streets Navashin, Polaris, Pusha-Voditskoy, Soshenko. It is believed that in 1787 Catherine the Second, passing on to these places its leisurely way to the Crimea, uttered his brilliant one-eyed lover Prince Potemkin: "Darling, Throw sadness." And then he quickly changed his mood, catching the unfading need the queen in a smart joy and overwhelming sensations. And sadness, "zaznobushku" threw. Then this picturesque country place belonged to Colonel Begichev in 1838 - Lukashevich, and the end of XIX century - Stefan Kulzhenko, Kiev richer field of publishing.

Rybal's'ky ISLAND
(peninsula, fishing, fishermen) is located on the right bank of the Dnieper and the boundaries between the Dnieper Dnieper area with Podolski and Minsk region. Peninsula represents the balance once the long spit separating the river Pochajna from the Dnipro River. The peninsula is also part of the area Fishing, known in past centuries and lower reaches of the Dnieper Obolonsky settlements Podolsk fishermen and noble Fisherman's bazaar. In the years 1897-99 during the construction of the peninsula shipyard for steamboats its banks raised and paved. In 1928, the shipyards reconstructed for the plant "Lenin's smithy" (from 1993 to the "boat"). And in 1930 in this area have launched a heavy-duty power for that time (KRES). In other areas the area connected to cable-stayed Rybalskyi (hanging on steel ropes) bridge, Podolski (Petrovsky) railway bridge, and three different widths isthmuses.

SINEOZERNY located in an area of undrained Lake Blue. The largest of the lakes watershed Kiev and, perhaps, by the looks of the same color as evidenced by the title. The lake is 700 meters, width - about 200, is fed by surface and groundwater. As for the residential, the building was carried out with in 1681. Was built 16-storey point of large-and 6 -, 7 -, 8 -, 9-storey brick apartment buildings with curved shape in plan. On the array there are schools, kindergarten, nursery, establishment of domestic and cultural services, and the lake - the water-sports complex. Location organically blends with the terrain husbandman.

Growers located between the alley and avenues Landmark Radians'ke Ukrainian Pravda, Liberty and the streets Kosenko and Svetlitsky. Since 1907 these lands were specifically for the grapes to lease land and cultivating excellent yields. However, Kiev excellent wine, especially the monastic production, was known to most that there is no ancient times. Then in the neighborhood of the same name existed farm. Modern buildings was carried out in 1975-87, respectively. At the heart of the planning structure based on the principles of functional zoning, and creating a network of pedestrian boulevards, isolated from the carriageway. The array was built 9 -, 12 - and 16-storied houses. In each district - kindergartens, schools, businesses, trade and consumer services. In the center of the area - the area which goes to the trading area. In the design of the husbandman widely used colored finishing materials, monumental and decorative art, small architectural forms.

Victor Kovalenko, "Real estate of Kiev"
ZAGORODNA.comwww.zagorodna.com
Sign

Our button

Zagorodna
bigmir)net TOP 100