Goloseevsky district: history and terrain
Until 1917, part of the current Holosiyiv area belonged to Lybids'ka police station, but the foundation of the region is the suburbs and the distant outskirts of Kiev. In 1924-1934 years the area was "swallowed" aggregated Leninsky district, and Demievka Goloseev and went to the Stalin district. From 1933 to 1957, the Moscow region became great Kaganovichsky - in honor Lazar, one of the foremost builders of the Soviet state. In 1957, the district called Moscow, and in the name traced close relationship of the past, future and present. With the formation in 1990 in Kharkov region of Moscow had to share with a neighbor territory on the right bank, between the Red Banner Street and the Dnieper. But now part of the largest in the city Holosiyiv district includes a minimum of 20 residential historic districts.
New building (New Buildings, Lybids'ka part) is located between the streets Saksaganskogo, Vladimir, Korolenkivs'ka, Bozhenko, river Lybed, boulevard of Friendship of Peoples and the slopes of the mountains along the south-eastern border region. The name of the area appeared in 30-40-ies of the XIX century, when the free area between the Old Town (from the Golden Gate), Crypt (at some distance from the new fortifications) and the river Lybed (until today Vozduhoflotsky overpass) was taken for construction in connection the relocation here from Kiev Pechersk - their homes demolished during the construction of New Pechersk fortress. Transferred here and the church. Thus, in the years 1833-1834 with Pechersk on Bolshaya Vassilkovskaya temple was moved to St. Vladimir. Now the memory of the temple survived except that in the name of Vladimir market, and while he was on the vast Vladimir (Novostroenskoy) square, covering the compound of the present Palace of Culture. Near (before the current stadium) was in the area - Trinity, or Lybids'ka, which also faithfully served as a venue for trade fairs, as now - for the same name market. And in 1913, this area has grown pavilion town a regular All-Russian industrial exhibition. 24 of the department represented the achievement of the Russian Empire in the fields of industry, agriculture, science and sport. True, the exhibition, though less pompous, stayed at Trinity Square before - in 1897.
Pankovschina. The name of the area derives from the names of governors of the Kiev metropolitan Pankovichey (Pankevichey) governing those lands in 1516-1577, respectively. Until 1786 Pankovschina belonged Sophia monastery. Modern layout and street names have existed since 1836, when after the founding of the University of Kiev streets were laid Tarasivska Pan'kovskaya and Nikolski.
Predslavino (Maiden's Mountain) is located between the streets of Physical Education, Big Vasylkivska, Dimitrova and south-eastern border region, and from this place to the streets Kovpaka. According to historical records in 980, Prince Vladimir Svyatoslavovych dwell here on the left side of the valley of the river Lybed, his wife - Princess Polovtsy Rogneda - Predslava and daughter, whose name was called far princely village.
Fossa (Yama Yamskaya Sloboda, Golubevka) are located in the vicinity of the street Yamskoy. There are several versions of how this came the name. Someone said that the area is located in the valley - hence the pits. However, the most common version, according to which there from generation to generation lived coachman. However, by the end of XIX century both streets of the Pit - Large and Small Yamskaya Yamskaya - have been busy and on one, and on the other side of the brothels. However, in 1897 by decree of Governor-General of Kiev all the brothels were closed. And very soon the pits once again become a peaceful suburb, where lived gardeners, and Pig butchers in nearby slaughterhouses.
Saperna Slobidka located between the avenue of Science, the railroad, minibuses field and Bald Mountain. It originated in the 40-ies of the XIX century as a village engineer battalion garrison (Camp battalion stationed nearby, at the Black Mountain). The reason for this was the construction of New Pechersk fortress, in particular Zvirynetsky, hospital and Bald fortifications. At the end of XIX century, after the loss of strength of strategic importance and its conversion facilities in the "domestic" premises (warehouses, hospitals, factories, prisons), Saperna Slobidka was inhabited by ordinary urban dwellers. During the general reconstruction, carried out in 1980, a significant part of the old building was demolished.
Baikove located between the streets Grinchenko, Kirovograd, Volga, Volga alley and south-western border area. The name of the area derives from the name of Major-General Sergei Baikov (1772-1848), who lived in retirement on Pechersk and bought the river Lybed in 1831 plot to farm Lybed (he was Baikov). The site was located between the current Baikov cemetery and the natural boundary Protasov Yar, in the modern textile factory. From him the title passed to the whole area, as well as on the local mountain, ravine, street, and the grove where the festivities were held. In 1834, on part of land near the hamlet of the same name was arranged cemetery.
Zabaykove located between the streets Baikova, Kirovograd, Volga, Volga alleys, Yasynivsky and south-western border area. The area has been known since the end of XIX century as a possession of the Kiev-Zverynets church, which at that time was leased to the city under gardens and orchards. Zabaykove been built up in the late nineteenth and twentieth centuries, and in 1909 the City bought it from the church.
Demievka (Demeevka, Verhnelybedskaya suburb, Verhnelybedskoe Compound, stalinka). The question of the origin of the name of the area finally resolved. So whether it is associated with a certain Demievym who were in crucial respects with the locality, whether derived from the verb "Dmitry," ("demit"), that is, "inject, inflate, inflate, blow." In favor of the latest version, in particular, indicates that it is through blowing "on the art glass factory (founded in 1882) were made of crystal vessels and other products.
Screen is located between the Krasnozvezdniy Avenue, Maikop, Cossack, Sumy, alley and street Akhtyrsky Kaisarova. The name of the area of national origin and was a long time. Some researchers believe that it is associated with the "breadth" - a wide expanse between the forests. However, it is believed that the name meant a thicket, rose before them "screen" - a shield. Screen intensively built up with the first third of up to 50 years of the last century.
Tsymbalov Yar is located between the streets Goloseevsky, Deciduous, lane Tikhvinsky, streets Malokitaevskoy and Aviation. The name of the area and streets there in the second half of the XIX century the names of the landlord Tsimbalenko.
Good Path is located between Tsymbalovym Yar and Goloseevsky forest. Home zdeshnyaya street - a kind way - is known in the second half of the XIX century as part of the way from Kiev to the mousetrap, Kitaev, Korchevatomu and other suburban settlements. Regarding the name of belief exists, according to which in this area has traditionally followed Chumakov in Crimea, wishing them good luck.
Goloseev (Gulasiev) located between the good path, Demievkoy, attics Feofaniya and mousetrap, covering Goloseevsky forest, as well as building between him and the streets Vassilkovskaya and Sumy. The name of the area derives from the eponymous village, but it is unknown whether it was a name or a nickname - or the word just means dense forest. Goloseev always been famous for its oaks. They say, age of some of them reaching 400, 600 and even 1000 years. In the area of the same name exist Holosievo square, street and lane.
Teremki (Sofia Cottage) are located on the southern outskirts of Kiev, between the border cities Holosievo and Feofaniya, including areas of the racecourse and the ice stadium. Split them into residential Teremky-1 (along the streets Glushkov and Zabolotnoho) and Teremki-2 (between the ring road and the lakes). The name of the area gave the farmhouse attics building which was completed in the form of small houses, attics. However, most of the local buildings have been built since the mid 1970's.
Feofaniya (Lazarevschina, Shahravschina) located between attics and Holosievo Pirogov. Its oldest part is located along the street Akademika Lebedeva and around the St. Panteleimon Church. For the first time the area is mentioned in 1471 as Lazarevschina, then it belonged to Kievan governor of the clock. It is believed that the name is a matter on behalf of a monk and a beekeeper Lazarus. The modern name of a place there from 1803 - it was then settled here first in Kiev Vicar Bishop Theophanes Shiyanov, which identified land for improvement. Since 1919, she was a suburban state farm, and later settled here institutionalization of various departments, the main observatory and field experimental laboratory of the Institute of Botany, NAS of Ukraine.
Bald Mountain is located between the upper Telichko, Saperna Slobodka and Bagrinovoy Mountain. Satanists should be noted that the name of the mountain is mainly due to the scarcity of woody vegetation. In the second half of the XIX century there were built Lysogirs'kyi strengthen New Pechersk fortress, and since 1923 the area came into the city limits as a park.
Bagrinova Mountain (Bagrinov) is located between the avenue of Science, Saperna Slobodka, Bald Mountain, mousetrap and Naddniprianska highway. It represents a hill ¬ jumper between Bald Mountain and located at a distance Hills. Hence the name, equating the character of the terrain hooks - six with an iron hook, which snag the catch. For the first time Gore is mentioned in 1070, when the Prince of Kiev Vsevolod Yaroslavovich gave it Vydubychi monastery.
Mousetrap (Mishalovka, Meshalovka) located between Bagrinovoy Mountain, Kitaev and Goloseevsky forest. Its main street - Printer-friendly version and Berries. Under the name Mishalovka it is known as the settlement with 1618. It is believed that the name comes from a mill erected here, with which mix different kinds of grain. Modern buildings, mostly consisting of private homes and villas, refers to the 40-50-s of XX century.
Samburki are in the alley Sambirskogo (previously - Sambursky). The name of the tract may be associated with "trigon" (elder), "Sambir" (willow) or from Old Slavic name of Sambor (edinoborets-heroy"). The village appeared in the XIX century as a possession of the Kiev-Pechersk Lavra.
Kitaev located between the streets Kytaivs'ka, the Red Banner and the prospectus of Science. It is believed that the name derives from the Turkic word "China", distributed among the eastern Slavs and signifying the wall, fortification, fortress or tower, designed for the siege of fortified places. They say also that the word was no more than a nickname given at birth to Grand Duke Andrei Bogolyubsky (XII century), and at the local China-hill was his fortress-palace. Whatever the case may be, there remains of the settlement IX-X centuries, as well as fortifications and caves cells of Kievan Rus. In the XIV century in the Kitaev through ancient subterranean cave monastery was established, subordinate to the XVII century the Kiev-Pechersk Lavra. He was called Kytaivs'ka desert.
Pirogov (Pirogovo Pyrohivka) located between Kitaev, Holosievo, Feofaniya, Tserkovschinoy and the Red Banner Street. The name of the area is likely due to the baked product from the thin dough with filling - though not directly connected. For example, the area could become a grand gift hermits. In the old days there was a special duty - "Pirogov", and charge it in favor of tax collectors. As for the Pirogov, people settled in this "Butter" place of old. Perhaps, as a symbol of residence and decided to build here in 1969, the Museum of Folk Architecture and Life, in which a documentary authenticity are artefacts of all regions of Ukraine.
Tserkovschina (free) is located between the Pirogov, Holosievo, Feofanov and southern boundaries of the district. The name indicates the prevalence in the area of church buildings. Once Tserkovschina was on the old Obukhovskoy road, and is an outpost of the city. Here people feel at ease, freedom, emancipation, and for the performance of guard service in the border strip, they were spared from paying taxes and other obligations. Hence, the second name of the area - the village of free people. At the time of Kievan Rus Tserkovschine was built Gniletsky monastery, which later was Pretchistensky. Preserved caves related to the XI-XII centuries. The complex is underground, in many places collapsed once was a no less ambitious man-made product than similar properties in the Kiev-Pechersk Lavra.
Lower Telichka (Veal) is a lowland area Telichko, the upper part of which is located in Pechersk district. It is believed that not just kept Telichko and grazed young bulls and cows: this place was, and transit point for distilled parties cattle, and the inn to its owners. Here trade was conducted in the same cattle. The location was convenient: near housed the largest crossing the Dnieper (Navodnitskaya and Vydubitsky), a harbor for ships, the lush meadows and broad passes through the hills of Kiev. And now, on the Lower Telichko are three significant Kiev bridge: it. Paton (commissioned in 1953), Stephan Darnytskyi (rebuilt in 1949) and South (commissioned in 1991).
Korchevatoe located between the street of the Red Banner, railway station "Prospect of Science", "the Peter Kryvonosa" and the river-bay Konik. The word "cramps" means trees uprooted. Land previously cleared for arable land from the forest is very simple: the trees were cut down, and then twisted stumps and roots pulled out. Large settlements are known in Korchevatom with III millennium BC. In the second half of the XIX century Korchevatoe referred to as a farmhouse, which owned Vydubitsky monastery. Near the settlement there were brickworks and Korchuvats'ka pier.
Vita (Volodarka; Vita-Lithuanian, Chapaievka and Zhukov island) is located between the Dnieper, Korchevatym, Pirogov, Red Banner Street, Concha Zaspa islands Cossack and semiconductors. The settlements are known here since the Neolithic period (VI-III thousand years BC. E.). The name of the area derives from the eponymous river (present its length - 12 km) with multiple streams. "Vita" - that twists, flexible, woven of many strands of relief banks of the river, and wool-"- energy features of the local rivers and streams that feed life. There is also a version that the title of "Vita" means the southern border defense of Kiev, as the Old Slavonic word "Vita" means "tower". Volodarka this place was called either because Vita reigned supreme at the local open spaces, whether to emphasize the "no no-man's" land along the river Vita, zastolblennyh Vydubychi Monastery latest in the XVI century.
Island Vodnykiv (Chernechyi island Galerny Island) is located between the Dnieper and Zhukov island. The name he was given a farm facilities serving waterways. Before the revolution, the island was known as a Chernechyi (as long belonged to the Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra), and how Galerny (he not only served his time convenient harbor, but is shaped like a large barge-gallery). The island was separated from Vodnykiv Zhukova Strait Islander, while 50 years of XX century they did not join the earthen dam and laid it on the highway. As a result, the Gulf has become the convenient river fleet for the winter harbor, and on the island Vodnykiv built one of the shops of Kiev Shipyard.
© Protected by the Copyright Law. Reference to the source is required.
Victor Kovalenko, "Real estate of Kiev"