It was founded May 23, 1969 and became the second left bank of Kiev region. Name of district received from the adjacent Dnieper. However, this name has never characterized the individuality of the new administrative district. In 1987, part of the Dnieper area, including washed Slavutich, went to the newly created Vatutinsk area. Now, in the Dnieper region includes at least 22 historic residential areas, many of which were fulfilled in the postwar period experimental forms and processes of urban development.
Nikolskaya Slobidka (Poluknyazevskaya Earth, Sloboda, Nikolskoe, Red Garden, left side) is located between Brovary Avenue, Raskovoy, rail, Rusanivsky Rusanivsky gardens and bay. In the XV century, these territories were known as "land poluknyazevskaya, possibly belonging to one of those not dorosshih until princely Highness people who, as they say," from rags to riches ". Since the XVIII century Slobidka known as the industrial community. We lived in a predominantly working factory "Arsenal".
Location The Red House (inn town called Red ") is located on Nikolskaya Slobodka in the area of modern drama and comedy theater. Since the end of XVIII century there was placed a wooden inn house, about 1799 re-erected on the site of the former project of the then chief of the Kiev architect Andrew Melensky. Until 1903 St. Nicholas Slobidka included, as all the left bank of Kiev at the time, in the parish Brovarskyi Oster county Chernigov province. Since 1903 the same year, this area became the administrative center Nikolsko-Slobodskoy parish. Since that time the village is a favorite meeting place for various plotters and conspirators - including members of the illegal Student Society "Union of the Kiev local associations and organizations and its executive board, better known then under the secret name of" Simon S. ". In 1923, Nicholas Slobodka include the city limits. In the spring of 1943 it befalls the fate of many coastal villages: in the preparation of the German defense was burned. After the war the village was restored on the basis of individual building.
In the 70-ies of XX century, most of the old St. Nicholas Slobodka demolished and in its place erect a housing estate Levoberegny. Since the area periodically flooded before the spring flood of the Dnieper, the lower parts of the floodplains have built up through gidronamyva. Built up an array of mostly during the years 1974-1980 9 -, 12 - and 16-storey residential buildings.
Voskresenka (Bald Mountain, Radunka, Roduni, Radosin, Rayduga, Olelkov, Gorodets; Earth Evstafieva, Resurrection Slobidka, Governor Slobidka; Resurrection (array) + + Kibalchich Rainbow (Serova-Rainbow) + Kulikovo) is located between Prospect General Vatutin street Vershigory , Lake Radunka, rail, Brovarskoy Avenue, the main avenue of the park "Victory", the streets Kurnatovs'kogo and Bratislava. The name was transferred from local land belonging to Resurrection Church. From the fact that the land be brought people joy, happiness and joy, of her "willingness to serve others, to do good and do a service, as well, and from taking place here" rites "-" the reverence care about anything at all it was - and is probably another name for the area - Radunka. According to the ideas of ancient there was "a heavenly bridge-arc" between the "longitudinal" and "mountain" worlds - hence the name Rainbow (Rayduga). On the relationship between areas with special joy, "uncommon in bioenergy, as well as" fertility cults and the return to basics "may indicate the name and its counterpart - Roduni and Radosin. In addition, there is a perception that this area still called Gorodets, because there were "watch mountain", defended Kiev from the Dnieper. In the XV century a Olelkovich Simeon had a castle, fort is in the XVII century called Olelkovym. The first documented mention of the local land belongs to the XVI century. Then they were called "land Evstafievymi (Evstafievskimi) and belonged to Koshevoi Ataman Zaporizhzhya Bender (in Church Slavonic - Eustace) Dashkevich. In 1923 the village was in the city. The array was built with standard 5-storey residential buildings interspersed with 9-storey houses. The second phase of the Resurrection of the array (later called the array rainbow, or Serova-Rainbow) was constructed in 1978-1982. It is characterized by a group building on the perimeter. When building up the array for the first time in Kiev was built houses series "T" with improved layout. In the early 80-ies was built Voskresenka neighborhood, located between the boulevard Perov, Nikolay Kibalchicha street and avenue Vatutina. Later the area was named array Kibalchich (Kibalchicha).
Array Kulikovo, appearing as district Resurrection array, located between the streets Kibalchicha Kurnatovs'kogo, Bratislava and the prospectus Vatutina. Once the area was swamped in She had the weight of birds. In general, Kulikovo first mentioned in 1571 as the valley, and in 1616 and 1764 respectively - have as a village.
Robin (Resurrection Gardens) is located between Lake Radunka, rail, river Desenka and bright. In this area are mainly summer residences and garages. Name it happens either on behalf of the thrush family of birds - robins ordinary (Zaryanko), or from apples pink, perhaps because of the liqueurs in a raspberry-based, or from the eponymous lake, once surrounded by a thick raspberry.
Rusanovskoye Gardens are located between St. Nicholas Slobodka, Rusanovskoye strait Gorbachihoy and the railroad. The first part of the name is explained by the proximity of Rusanovskoye Strait or comes from the area Rusanivka, who was here in the old days. Nikolskaya Slobidka also provided time for Rusanivka. Rusanovskoye Gardens began acquiring summer residents from the 1950's.
Gorbachiha located between Rusanivsky gardens, Rusanivsky strait Desenka and the railroad. The name of the tract and the area comes from the hilly topography of the flood (in the spring flood) Peninsula, which acts in the water space between Desenka and Rusanivsky Strait in the form of a round shallow convexity.
Komsomolsk array (Polygon, Miropolye, North Brovarskyi array) is located between Brovarsky Avenue, the main avenue of the park "Victory", and the streets Zhmachenko Miropolskoy. Prior to 1868 in these places was a wood, and January 15, 1868 by decree of Alexander II Artillery Office has received from the treasury stocks in the free use of land left Brovarskiy (Chernigov) highway - on the 7 th mile from Kiev and the 2 nd mile from the Dnieper . Then placed the battery voenchasti, hospitals - and so until 1941. In 1968, an array called Valea, because to build local structures, and then they happened to live in the then relatively young generation, almost to a man in the ranks of the Komsomol. 13-storey hotel, named in honor of the sister city of Kiev "Bratislava" and open to the Moscow Olympics, was designed to stay visitors from socialist countries, and still serves as a calling card Komsomolsk array.
Sotsgorod located between Brovarsky Ave Krasnogvardeyskaya Street, Gagarin Avenue, Karelian alley, street, Hasek, Kharkov highway, the Leningrad area, street Builders, boulevard of the Supreme Council and the railroad. The name rings proudly, but the residential area was pragmatically designed to live in the workforce in surrounding homes and planned for future industrial enterprises, largely involved in chemistry.
Liski (Breath) located between the streets Usenko, Snovskoy, Baku Commissars and Krasnogvardeyskaya. Some believe that the place name comes from small groves and orchards, once here merrymakers foliage. Others believe that in the past there were "liskiny" places, that is were many foxes. They hunted and - were "lisogony.
Plywood (village) is located between the streets Berezneva, plywood, Kharkiv highway and railway. The name of the area derives from Darnytsa plywood factory, which came into operation in 1910, and its working village.
DVRZ (p Darnytsa wagon factory) is located between Liska, Old Darnitsa abroad Darnytsa area and Plyahovoy. Appeared in the early 30 ¬ ies of the XX century as a settlement Darnytsa depot, later called DVRZ. Today its planning and development related to the 40-50-s of last century.
Plyahova located between DVRZ, fish and Bykivnia. The name of the tract and areas are most likely from the name of the person who had an once reigning here or any other rights. In the area are pine, mixed and deciduous forests, and lakes, wetlands and recreation.
Fish is located between Plyahovoy Brovarsky Ave, border of the city and the railroad. The name comes from a marshy tract of several fish pond, surrounded by forest on one side, on the other - a field, the third - the grove, and on the fourth - "Presniakov (swamp forest).
Predmostnaya (Bridge, the Coast) Slobidka (Venice island, water park) is located between the line of the subway, the Dnieper, the Venetian and Rusanivsky straits. The area that was settled by about the end of XVIII century. In 1764, founded the Kiev arsenal - in manufacturing and repair of military weapons and artillery equipment, and some of the workers assigned to the plant, settled in the coastal suburb on the left side of the Dnieper, opposite the Kiev-Pechersk Lavra, near Navodnitskoy crossing. However, arsenaltsy and without crossing easily get to work, because many had their own boats. In the years 1904-1906 through the Strait Rusanivsky threw double-span bridge with a metal first used in the Russian system of lofty arches with tie, and in 1912 Chain Bridge allowed tram. In June 1920 Belopol'skii troops in front of the advancing Red Army blew up the bridge. By 10 September of that year 3 thousand workers of the Kiev with Nezhin, Konotop and Bryansk railway bridge in record time to regain momentum. However, by May 10, 1925, 85 days, it was replaced by a new bridge named after E. Bosch, constructed by the project Academician Paton. He, too, was blown up - September 19, 1941, in front of the advancing German troops. Bridge station was opened on Nov. 5, 1965 for the train station (on the upper tier) and vehicles (the lower). Its length is 700 meters. This is the first in the world in size spans (60 m) arch structure on the console dry joints.
Dolobetsky (Dolobsky, Dulebsky) Island (Uvyatichi) is located between the Venetian Strait, Desenka and Rusanivsky Strait. Many centuries ago, together with the Venetian island, he was one with the left bank. The name of this area comes from once stood on the site of the present Rusanovskoye Strait legendary Dolobskogo lake. Dolobetsky island in the XI-XII centuries was considered neutral territory, and the princes of Kievan Rus to negotiate gathered here. The basis of this name is the word "hollow", that is, constantly beating, gradually make the hole. Apparently, Dolobetskoe lake from time to time, especially in spring, merged with Chertoroem and terrain Dovbychka on Truhanov island has undergone and is undergoing a hitherto "battering" from the current Matveevskoe Bay. In the postwar period Dolobetsky island had become a place for recreation, sports and games for children.
Truhanov (damping, Tuhonov, Truhonov) Island (Dniprovskyi recreation park) lies between the Dnieper and Desenka Podolski railway bridge. His name is associated with the name of the Polovtsian Khan Tugorkana (Tugorhana), whose daughter, she was the wife of Svyatopolk Izyaslavich at the end of XI century, lived here in his summer residence, or dismantled within the meaning of that may mean "rotten" (looseness, his rotten) Islands and his "tuhonnost" (as mustiness, and the "closeness" with all sides by river straits). In 1957 was constructed 400-meter pedestrian Parkovy bridge linking the island with the right bank.
Rusanivka (Rusanivsky array, Rusanov, under Sadko, Florence) is located between the channel and Rusanivsky Rusanivsky Strait. The name is mysterious, but etymologically not hopeless. The first version of its origin is reduced to that in the XV century landowner (or whatever it thief, or simply a settler) Sava Rusanovich (Rusanov) founded the "somewhere here or near" s Rusanov, named after its founder. But someone says that the word "Rusanivka comes from either the word" fair ", or the fact that low-lying left bank, compared with the slopes of the right bank was" in Russia, "that is in plain sight, in the open, or else, Finally, the fact that in these places vodilas lot of hares. Over time, illuminated in the evening the fountains of the bypass channel and the original buildings have formed a special, inherent only Rusanivka panorama.
Bereznyaki (Berezniki, eating-house Slobidka, Telbin, Zatelbin Berezniak) are located on the left bank, between the prospect of reunification, the railroad and the Dnieper. The name of the area derives from the eponymous village, referred to as early as 1733, and the name of the village - from birch wood, ie birch forest, and hence the abundance of dry twigs and birch twigs. Parallel title - Telbin (variants: Telbino, Turbine, Telbyn, Telby, Turbina, Telbuhino) - the area received from the lake, which was first mentioned in 1694, which in the spring, during the flood, was connected with the Dnieper. It "fiddling" bat carcasses of cattle, ie purified them from trebushiny (telbuhov "), as well as the army and the pilgrims were always voracity, the offal and swam in the lake more than enough. Another part of Bereznyaki - in 1883, 'Village for 5 yards - located behind the lake Telbin. ¬ When she called Zatelbin Berezniak. Bereznyaki entered the city limits of Kiev October 21, 1923, and in 1941-1943 were completely destroyed by retreating and advancing Soviet and German troops. Modern buildings Bereznyaki formed in 1972-1976, respectively. Territory array namyli 3-4 meters - and since then the lake in the spring is no longer connected with the Dnieper. Each district is equipped with the local schools, kindergartens and commercial and industrial enterprises. Important role in creating an individual image elements are Bereznyaki monumental decorative sculpture: mosaic panels on public buildings, decorative sculptures, small architectural forms. The main thoroughfares are the areas avenue Paul Tychyny, streets Bereznyakovskaya, Serafimovich and the Dnieper embankment.
Victor Kovalenko, "Real estate of Kiev"