Svyatoshinsky district of Kiev

Information about Kiev and the districts of Kiev, historical places of Kiev.
Svyatoshinsky districtForme Leningrad district was formed in accordance with the decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR on 12 April 1973. Named in honor of the city of Leningrad, tab Coto ¬ rogo then was played 270 years. This district was dictated not only a memorable date, but a convenient excuse for the realization of ideological considerations. In the "indestructible great family" Kiev is considered the third biggest and most important, after Moscow and Leningrad, and as a "younger brother" had to bear the imprint of "vassal" of his forehead. Curious parallel. 1703 - year of foundation of the fortress, protected by a "holy city of Petra" or "St. Peter's town" began to build. No less than that of the will of Peter the Great, St. Petersburg was influenced by the individual saint "lervoapostola" Peter the Roman Catholic faith, to which a Jesuit-educated isticheski autocrat of Russia was by no means indifferent. St. Petersburg was built in imitation of the "Eternal City" Rome, to become his "third embodiment", full of universal mission and commitment ( "second" was Constantinople, ignominiously extinguished, and without the Turks). Other basic "sanctity" was in the Leningrad region city of Kiev. His "heart" was and is the area "Svyatoshyn". However, as St. Petersburg and the Leningrad district began its glorious achievements, a biography of assigning the "alien" territories and merit, cut off from the land Zhovtnevyy, Radianskiy and Shevchenko area almost down to the river Irpen. Located in the west of the city, covers a vast forest park zone of Kiev and Sviatoshynskyi forestry. The district can be identified, at least 16 residential historic districts, which are equipped and to this day.

Svyatoshino located between the railroad Kiev Korosten, Borschagovka, Ekaterinovka and squirrel. Concerning the names are different versions. For example, it is from the Chernigov prince Svyatoslav, in the late monk known as Nicola simpleton. He possessed, according to the chronicles, the lands Borshchagovka near a forested area Svyatoshino. However - not by Svyatoshino. The very same area was nicknamed the Holy of old forest, identified in the medieval Polish ¬ postglacial sources as Earth Svenshitskaya. "Simpleton" or "puritan" refers not only bigots, hypocrites and ostentatious guardian of external rite, but also, in earlier times, the holy saint of God, a righteous man, hermit and monk. However, the forest was not famous monk. The very landscape, its climate, species, climate and energy have led man, whatever his inclinations, in some blissful pacification, in a state of spiritual enlightenment, complacency and bodily purification. Subsequently, this effect tselnoozdoravlivayuschy were purposefully used in medical and spa use. But the first written mention of Svyatoshino refers to 1619. In the literacy of the Polish King Sigismund III area is defined as the boundary of land, cast in the use of Kiev philistines. Meza passes "through the grove toward Svyatoshinsky". However, this area was for the distant outskirts of Kiev, even at the end of XIX century, when Svyatoshyn begin to develop as a climatic health resort. Many prominent doctors authoritatively confirm that Svyatoshinsky forest climate just heals. For example, a Ukrainian physician, "light" Theophilus Yanovsky (1860-1928) and advised the tubercular patients with other lung diseases to settle on the left side of the road (at the time of the Brest-Litovsk) - they mostly grow pines, and on the maladies of the heart, circulatory and pi ¬ schevareniya - on the right side. In general, in 1897 Svyatoshyn already becoming recognized villa and its terrain is divided into 450 cottage sites leases. For gardeners place was just perfect. Aided by the natural conditions, the completion of construction to the 1902 Kiev Kovel railroad, as well as start and tram - 11 May 1901 a steam tram. Later became an electric tram. And Svyatoshinskiy pine forest grew like mushrooms after rain, private resort and villas of the rich. Guest houses and B & Bs are here and now, although it was not as welcome as before. Still affected production. It all started in 1898, when the restless foreign shareholders have opened a factory on manufacture of planters and other farm equipment (now Red excavator ") As for the current dispensation, the 70-ies of XX century it was carried out between the streets of Chernobyl, Ushakova, Priluzhnoy, and 80-ies - on the ground of the old building up and the remaining areas of modern arrays.

ACADEMGORODOK
part of Svyatoshino and is located between the boulevard Vernadskogo street Dobrokhotova, Palladin Avenue and the railroad Kiev Korosten. Built up in the second half of the 50's and 60's of the XX century. The name comes from a large number of research institutes of the Academy of Sciences of the former USSR. Institutes are:
geophysics, geochemistry, mineral physics, general and inorganic chemistry, colloid chemistry and water chemistry, metallurgy, casting problems, Material ... Academician Vernadsky Boulevard separates territo ¬ tory Research Center from residential neighborhoods, built 5 -, 9 -, 12 -, and 16-storey buildings. In Akademgorodok are also a sports complex "Science" with a swimming pool and tennis courts, community shopping center and placing the former cinema "Elektron". Alas, now the cinema is not held in high esteem. But how far it went off the current Ukrainian academic science from sad stynuschego Ukrainian cinema? ..

Belleci located between Avenue of Victory, the Academician Palladin Street Bulakhovskogo and woodland. One of the oldest settlements in the vicinity of Kiev. First mentioned in chronicles of the Resurrection as Bulich, under which the army of Prince Izyaslav Davydovich was drawn to flee in 1161 during the internecine struggle for the throne of Kiev. For purposes of this title there are a few assumptions. Perhaps, this settlement was somehow connected with the buying and selling, say, cattle or flax, and maybe - because of the trade roguish local residents with a great way to Lithuania, Poland and other present-day Western Europe. Whatever it was, the name of the area contains a hint of some "pucheglaznost", "zazhimistost" and "bulost. Not so in the documents from the XVI century village has repeatedly been referred to as "Belleci? The new name indicates, apparently, on the barren, Nepal, shennost the local fat land, and then - and the relative "inde-mannost, independence and autonomy of local residents, staying" ostoron "from power and the secular and spiritual. However, with regard to the latter, it soon recovered. In 1756 Belleci suburb of Kiev, hundreds of Kiev regiment, which had 8 yards, belonged to "a fatherly loving" as much "to qualify the severity of" Kiev-Pechersk Lavra. Little by little, ¬ settlement was spreading and exactly a century later it had already much as 35 houses with 198-S units "muzheskago" and 216-S units "zhenskago sex. Orderly construction of the settlement began only in 1929 when the Soviet government. In the same State Belleci were attached to Kiev in a low order of the Supreme Council of USSR from February 2, 1966. The modern layout of the historic residential area largely remains intact with the 50-ies of our century. Although this is far from being museum quality.

NOVOBELICHI
got its name as an extension of neighboring Belleci. Initially located between the streets Naumova Podlesnyj and the railroad and were built i n the 30-50-ies of XX century. However, the most significant buildings was carried out in 1975-79 years between the streets Bulakhovskogo and Naumov. The basis of this planning structure based on the principle of functional zoning, and the creation of networks of pedestrian streets, isolated from the carriageway. The area was built up with 9 - and 12-storey buildings. Along with housing have been built kindergartens, schools, shops and public services, two sports complexes, 27 children's sports and playground, library. In the architectural design of the area using an array of various finishing materials and tools damp-proof Monumental de ¬ korativnogo art. A fresh air, excellent walking territory and the cheerful mood of local residents provide a large forest with a lake, which, incidentally, is now not recommended for swimming. Environmental issues are relevant for this once-pristine-clean areas. It is symbolic that in 1973 the street was renamed Novobelichanskuyu Akademician Palladin. Alexander (1885-1972), from 1946 to 1962 President of the Academy of Sciences, was organized in 1925 in Kharkov, and leader (since 1931 in Kiev), Institute of Biochemistry, which at the molecular level, studying the composition of organisms and chemical processes of life and heredity . So chemistry is chemistry strife.

VESELY MAYDAN located in the wooded area between Victory Avenue, the street Academician Tupolev, railway, and Berkovtsom Nivki. The name comes from the area, which from time to time made various "fun" - social events, amuse, amuse and excite the audience happy. However, the very public and often came to similar attractions already in holiday spirits, and hops on the eight. At least
extent this delicate point concerns the direct participants "fun", especially in the beginning of XX century, when the facility was located Svyatoshinsky (Syretsky) airfield. This is where one of the pioneers of the national gliding, a scientist in the field of mechanics and a professor at Kiev Polytechnic Institute, Nikolai Delaunay (1856-1931) made in the spring of 1909 glider flight, biplane, built in the immediately placed nearby shops Kiev balloon company. It is at this Maydan Kievites solemnly first observed April 21, 1910 aircraft and flight. Piloted by one of his first Russian aviators, a member of the Odessa Aeroclub Utochkin Sergey (1876-1916). The success was so great, April 24, Sergei Isaevich flew "bis" and was rewarded for promotional flight Kiev aeronautical society silver medal. It is performed here since 1911, 160 flights over the city Theodore Anders (1868-1926) at the first in Russia to control the airship's own "soft" designs - "Kiev". The apogee of "fun fun" was the 27 August (9 sentyabyar for a new one. Art.) In 1913, when Captain Peter Nesterov (1887-1914) marked the beginning of aerobatics for the first time in the world described by the plane closed curve in the vertical plane - a "dead loop "and nicknamed" loop the loop ". With the same air force pilot had the airfield in the same month a group flight of three aircraft on the route Kiev-Oder-Nizhin Kiev (before this group flights are not practiced anywhere in the world), and 1 March 1914 made a flight Kiev-Odessa, setting have three records - speed, range and distance. In the same 1914., 26 August, exactly a year after his triumphant "loop" Petr Nesterov was killed near Lviv in battle, first in the world by applying an air ram. With the establishment of Soviet power, on the basis of the workshops was established in 1920 in Kyiv Aviation Plant, which first repairing aviation equipment, manufactures spare parts for aircraft, and then engaged in designing their own aircraft (since 1923) and their creation (in 1925). Later the plant became famous turboprop passenger and cargo aircraft designer Oleg Antonov (1906-1984). In 1974 the factory became aviatsiomnym Production Association 50 Years of October. Now in the tract Merry Maidan observed desolation. However, the various "fun fun" it continues to happen. True, not as often as desired.

Ekaterinovka located between Brest-Litovsk and prospectus Svyatoshinsky forest. In 1895 Kyiv Charitable Society received a 14 verst the road section to the device cottages for the summer holidays pupils Sulimovsky boarding for poor girls from 9 to 18 years enrolled in school Fundukleevska, as well as in the women's handicraft school, which provided skilled skills in literacy, sewing and embroidery. Later, the society decided to borrow the business. In 1905 most of the area was laid out in the country houses and leased. And in 1906, wings of commercial success trustees named the settlement "Ekaterinovka, whether in honor of and in behalf of his wife in Kiev governor-general (who was then Chairman of the Board of the Charitable Society and bless venture), whether still in prisnoblazhennuyu memory of the Great" of Russia Mother gosudarushki "Catherine the Great (1729-1796)," samotushki "enlightens vast empire (and favorable to the needs of their noble filed in CCA ¬ ture" malorossiyskogo class "). Despite all this, Ekaterinovka since 1923 is part of the socialist, although Nepman Kiev. In a meticulously in 1938 had tried to rename the village to Zhovtnevy or October, but the name has not been progressive in the people nor the habit, no support. However, some things has changed. Current street Gerasimenko, Maksimovic (or w / o) and Chaly previously called transverse or Ekaterinovskaya 1st, 2nd, 3rd.

Borshchagovka
located between the railways Korosten Kiev, Kiev-Fastov, Svyatoshinsky forest and on both sides of the ring road. First mentioned in 1497 in which the Grand Duke of Lithuania, Alexander ordered to pay Kiev Nikolsko-deserted monastery, among other things, and wasteland near the river Borshchagovka (now known as the river Nivki or Borshchagovka or New Boating). Concerning the origin of the name there are several versions. The most common, that of grass borschovnik (cow parsnip), leaves and stems which in raw and thermally processed form constituted an important part of people's diet. And from her first brewed now known national "soup of beet kasha with cabbage, potatoes, beef and lard. It is also possible that the name of the river, and later the area comes from the word "borische," which means water that formed on the artery, and naturally, and with the help of human hands for fish impoundments. Under the name Borshchagovka began to be known five settlements. They belonged to different monasteries of Kiev. Accordingly, the settlements were called;
Bratsk (Bratsk Monastery of the Epiphany, was founded in 1615), St Michael's (St. Michael Cathedral, founded in 1108), Nicholas (Nicholas Desert Monastery, founded in 1113), Peter and Paul (Peter and Paul Monastery, founded in Nacha ¬ le XVII century) , Sofievskaya (Sophia Convent, founded in the 30's and 40's, the XVII century) Borshchagovka. In 1787, there were in Borshchagovka 558 residents in 1887 - 3357, in 1917 - about 6000. When built in 1770 in Bratsk Borshchagovka pyatikupolnoy wooden church settlement became a village. Others Borshchagovka called villages. The villages included in the Belgorod district of the Kiev district and province. After 1945 the village had been included in the Kiev Sviatoshynskyi district of Kyiv region. First in the city limits came in 1971 NIKOLSKY Borshchagovka, under the name of which began somewhat earlier insure ¬ ivatsya new housing estate. Was built from 1966 to 1988. The basis of the planning structure to an area neighborhood. In the center - the area around which there are trade center, a cinema "Leipzig", is public service and the park. The array was built 5 -, 9 - and 12-этажками. Compositional axis area formed prospectuses 50 Years of October and Cosmonaut Komarov. For this axis from the Ring Road to Victory Square was built in 1978 ground dvukolleynaya line of the first Soviet high-speed tram (without crossing the tracks traffic and pedestrian routes). In the special zone was placed industry. In short, although the terrain Nikolskaya Borshchagovka appeared in Kiev in 1971, it erected in the meadows near the village of the same name.

Berkovets (Berkovtsy, Birkovets) is located in the area between the streets of the gas pipeline, Sineozer-term and Stetsenko. Relatively NAME ¬ Niya there are many versions. Whether that there was "Bear" - a fortress, strengthened, or that are grazed "tags" - the sheep on the "obese" pastures belonging to the monastery, whether that is inhabited Biryuch (boryuchi) - Collectors of taxes from the time of Kievan Rus, which describe as property and rewriting the population (which is called the compilation "Bira" or Birane, biryvaniem - from the word "take"). The very same word "berkovets" in the old days meant just something "ten pounds". That's just what and
as it is connected with the terrain? .. The name comes from the countryside of ancient times some knowledge, some history. But how to solve the riddle and make visible the message ancestors? .. The first mention of an ancient tract refers to 1240. At various times in this place existed village, hamlet, village, assigned to the monasteries of Kiev. In 1923 berkovets entered the hell of Kiev. Borders with Pusha-Voditskim forest (including pine on dry ground - "boron") and with an array of residential Nivki, located mainly on Berkovtse sadovodachnye plots, gardens and cemetery. In the old days "boron" or "Borkov" still called "God's Nivki" - the cemetery. Word with an abundance of meanings and associations of programs the situation or simply as a mirror reflects not only past but present and the future? .. Part of the area belongs to the Leningrad district.

Galagan located between Avenue of Victory, streets Druzhkovsky and excavator. Like any farm in the XIX century and got its name from the names of the GSS-dependents of those lands - the landlords galago-new, which took place from the Cossack elders. According to one version, the name comes from the word "Gilgal", which refers to the Indian rooster or a turkey. Although implied in the names of rollout-porosity and bombast, some kind Galaganov actively involved in charitable activities. In particular, Gregory Pavlovich (1819-88) founded in 1871 in memory of the deceased in the youthful age son Pavel Galagan College. Private boarding school meant for boys with 16 years of age and housed in a building HN ¬ neshnego Literature Museum of Ukraine (Khmelnitsky Street, 11). As for the farm, he was one of the minor in the vast realm Galaganov. As part of Kiev - since 1923. Modern residential buildings and a large industrial zone originate from the 40-ies of our century. Part of the area belongs to the Leningrad district.

VOVCHA MOUNTAIN (Vovchi Mountains) is located at the beginning of the current streets of Estonia. The tract here a long time, and kh is known from the beginning
XX century. Popular name is, apparently, from the fact that things like that here once nema ¬ lo wolves and meet them there was a rare luxury. As part of Kiev in 1926. In fact, wolves are not only extremely fond of this place. For example, many of them were, and Gary Moore in Ukraine, than Yar in Lukyanovka and Tatar.
Viktor Kovalenko
ZAGORODNA.com
Sign

Our button

Zagorodna
bigmir)net TOP 100