Information about Kiev and the districts of Kiev, historical places of Kiev.
At the beginning of this century to describe the suburbs of Kiev, now part of the district, namely: Lower Solomenka, Upper Solomenka, Kuchma and Protasov Yarov, Baty Mountains used a common name "Solomenka. Solomenka - as the area with a population of 35 thousand people, adjacent to the railway station and positively locked railway embankment. " "On day 2 June 1910 the Emperor at the Council Regulation Majesty deign" - and Solomenka entered the city limits.
In August 1918, when Hetman Skoropadsky Zaliznychny area was first defined as an administrative district and named Solomenskiy area. In 1919, first mentioned as Zaliznychny. In 1924 it was part of Bulvarno-Solomensky, but in 1925-38 - the Stalin and Kaganovich areas. And, finally, 9 April 1938 in accordance with the CEC of USSR was isolated independently Zaliznychny area.
The district is constantly changing. Were joining the new villages, towns, appeared and disappeared persons, houses, streets, and some area of space and time superimposed on the limits of others. In the current district boundaries can be seen, at least 18 historical built-up areas. They exist and determine the history of the city, whether mapped or not.
ZALIZNYCHNOGO STATION area is located in the area of Station Square and the streets of Station, the Comintern. The name comes from the Kiev railway station, the first open February 18, 1870. And the story of his next. March 24, 1866 a contract was signed with Belgian industrialists for the construction of the Kursk-Kiev railway. Concession to it was approved Dec. 24, 1866. Concessionaires were brought in from abroad strips, fasteners, arrows, locomotives, cars, machinery, tools, cast iron, iron, telegraphic equipment ... Movement of trains on the Kursk-Kiev road was opened on Dec. 17, 1868. On the streets adjacent to the station building housed various services that ensure the normal functioning of the railway junction. The very same construction of the railroad and the establishment of the Kiev railway workshops led to the rapid population growth. At that time the station was large enough and in the English Gothic. The current building was constructed on the site of the old in 1929-32 respectively, and pleases the eye of the Ukrainian baroque forms with elements of constructivism.
The opening of the station was for the entire city event emergency consequences. In particular, the main street leading from the station, christened in honor of the Kiev Bezakovskoy General Governor Alexander Bezaka (1801-1868), attach a great deal of effort to build the railroad, and in nearly the same spot where the monument now Shchorsa hoisted the marvelous statue of the then Minister for Transport Alexei Bobrinsky. In an area station is located, including inter alia, industrial area (one of the current sites, but the most famous in the revolutionary past) Yuzhno-engineering plant (since 1924 "Lenin's smithy", "forged" not only cast iron, but also the "golden Leninist cadres ").
Solomenka located on the right side of the river Lybed: between the railroad, street and Kudryashova Povitroflotskim (Povitroflotskyi) prospectus. Arose in the middle of XIX century as a suburb of Kiev, and was part of the Belgorod district. In 1858 this area was handed over to the city of the imperial treasury for pasture. Settled here in the mostly retired soldiers. The name of the village gave the poor-the dugouts and huts, thatched with straw. At that time there were 200-300 people. In connection with the laying of railway Kursk-Kiev, part of the land given to landowners through whose estates stretched the track. With 60 years of XIX century Solomenka - railway workers' settlement. It was divided into LOWER Solomenka (around the current area Kryvonosa) and the Upper Solomenka (in the streets of the Caucasus and the Kuban). In the 20-30-ies of XX century the area was called "Sichnevkoy" (the long memory of the January Uprising in 1918). In the 60-70-ies Solomenka almost completely rebuilt and had a general reconstruction of the central streets of the array - Uritsky. Array of the same name inhabited it, there are street, square, park and cemetery.
KUCHMIN (Kuchma), YAR is in the streets Mekhanizatorov, Caucasian, Kudryashova. The name derives from the surname of the first settler (1830) Gregory Kuchma. Since the middle of XIX century in Yar any street and lane Kuchmin Yar - now street Krasnodons'ka, Kudryashov and lane Krasnodons'kyi. Most of the old buildings demolished in the 60-70-ies of XX century.
Batyeva Gora is located on a hillside above the river and the railway Lybed between Protasov and Kuchminym crags. The very same mountain Batu located between the streets Solomenska and Volgograd. On the map of Kiev in 1837 is called "Batieva mountain. Location "Batievy Graves' fixed on a map of Kiev in 1861 and 1874 years. The name comes from the mound-graves of some authority among the ancient Kiev Batey. Simultaneously, it is believed that during the Mongol-Tatar invasion in 1240, Mount was the tent of Batu Khan. And indeed, this hill was good to observe the siege of Kiev. The settlement also arose at the turn of Х1Х-twentieth centuries, much of the old building is preserved to this day.
Protasov Yar is located on the right bank of the river Lybed between Baikova Baty and mountains in the area of the same name of the street and descent. The name comes from the landowners of this area Protassovs. During the archaeological excavations in Protasov Yar identified residues pozdnepaleoticheskoy parking (1U-th first half of the III millennium BC. E.). Found, flint arrowheads, knives, scrapers, fragments of ornamented pots. In the second half of the XIX and early XX centuries, and mined here clay for the local brick factory. In the 50-s believed that findings enough and gully to expand Baikove Cemetery asleep.
ZALIZNYCHNAYA colony is situated in the streets Briullov, Lukashevich and Furmanov. There was a 70-90-ies of the XIX century as a settlement near the newly built railway Kiev railway station. In the 80 years of this century, most of the old buildings demolished array.
BOGDANOV (Bogdaiovsky) YAR is located along the streets of stadiums and Bogdanovskaya. Known to the XIX century. The name "as the god of the" settlers to the area is, perhaps, on behalf of (and perhaps the names) of the owner of the land Bogdan (Bogdanov Bogdanov).
CADET Guy has been known since the end of the XVIII century as Shuliavka Guy. Cadet Guy - after construction in 1857 on the lands of the village of the new premises of the Metropolitan Vladimir Cadet Corps. Located between Shulyavka, Solomenko, Chokolovkoy, capturing part of modern Povitroflotskyi Avenue and Pervomaisky residential district: the area of present streets of Uman, Kozitskaia, Fucik and adjacent. Almost the whole grove was cut down during the Civil War, and then built up. Remains of park can be seen between the street and the railway track Uman. In 1994, the name "Cadet Guy" has a new street in the Turkish town on Chokolovke. A Guy in the Cadet and still runs the same name as a trickle right Lybids'ka inflow.
ALEXANDROVSKAYA Slobidka located between Solomenko, Chokolovkoy, shovels, village Plumber, Baikova Mountain, Protassovs Yar and Zaliznychnym array. Main thoroughfares: Chervonozoryany (Krasnozvezdniy) Avenue, Clinical, People, Nechuya-Levitsky, Solomenskaya. The name comes from the suburban settlements of people, temporarily exempted from duties and taxes ("Settlement"), place under which it was allocated from the "sovereign lands" Alexander II (on the throne from 1855 to 1881.). In this area around Kiev is brought debris - the area of the current street Nadyarnoy. As the suburb developed in the second half of the XIX century near kostopalnymi (on perezhigu bones for fertilizer) plants, the 1 st quarter of the XX century was still known as Kostopalnya. The first development took place along the streets of the Transfiguration (the current Klimenko) and not kept. In the 1 st quarter of the XX century has expanded significantly in the side streets of the People, clinical, Yaslinskoy. In 40-50-ies was built up the right side Chervonozoryanogo prospectus, and the left side, for the most part, and still on the river consists of private homes.
Pervomajskij (Pershotravneve) Massif is located on the territory Chokolovki Chokolovsky along the boulevard, as well as in the streets of Yerevan, Uman and Ushyns'kogo. The name received from the village named May 1, built by the cooperative railway in 1926. The village was located near the former cadet Gaya between Povitroflotskyi Avenue, Antonov and Chokolovsky Boulevard, carried him in the 70's and 80's. The main building of the array occurred in 1959-63, respectively. This is the first residential area established by the industrial construction. Neighbourhoods built up an array of 5 -, 9 -, 12-storey residential buildings. In every neighborhood - schools, kindergartens and nurseries, commercial and service establishments, sports and playgrounds.
SOVKY located between Chervonozoryanym Avenue, Kaisarova, Trutenko and an array Zhulyany. The name given to a river and scoop back to the old Russian word "scoops", which means "nimble", "hungry for meddling everywhere", "fussy". Not in vain in 1686 for these nimble waters employed 4 mills, while the more nimble and powerful Lybid - 7. Noctuidae first mentioned as a locality Suvki (Suvka), possession of a Dominican monastery. In 1612 sold a noble Yarosh Pokalovichu. In 1618, acquired the Kiev-Pechersk Lavra. In 1782 the village population of 160 people, and in 1923 the "village" was included in the city limits. After the war here is the same name manor farm, which supplies Kiev vegetables.
ZALIZNYCHNY MASSIF located along the streets of Volgograd and Solomenska between Kuchminym Protassovs and crags. He began to be built in the late 50-ies of our century. Another was called Batu, the Alexander array, because combined with the Mountain Area Batu Alexander Slobodka. The modern name was in 1964 as a legacy of the native Zaliznychnogo area.
The installer is located between the streets of Kirovohrad and Medvinsky. Main line - street installers. The name comes from the Office of the South-Teploenergomontazh ", which in 1949 took vacant land for building private houses. The village was built before the mid 50-ies mostly one-and dvuhetazhkami. Part of the array refers to Holosiyivo district.
Jules located on the southwestern outskirts of Kiev, between attics and Borshchagovka. Reference is made to the XI century as a landscape with a stream Desire (Desire, Gilles, Zhalina). Perhaps the name comes from pre-Christian altar, ancient Slavic goddess of sorrow Gelis (shook), can - from the cool stream, "desirable" for weary travelers, and can - and by comfortable, "residential" character of the suburbs of Kiev. Since the end of XVII century are referred to as property Sophia monastery called "Gilles". Development and growth was the construction in 1924 of the Kiev airport. In the city from 26 January 1988.
Turkish City is a residential neighborhood and one of the many villages for Soviet troops withdrawn from Germany. Built in 1993-94 by Turkish contractors and workers on the combined resources of the German state. Located in the streets Ernst Cadet Guy and a bullet.
Of course, the exact boundary between the historic residential localities can be only conditionally. However, no conditional difference is between the price on the same flats from different localities (eg Solomenka and Scoop, Turkish Town and Pankovschiny). However, quantification of the price of apartments is reduced, ultimately, to the two critical indicators of quality housing: its location and arrangement.
Area is composed of a combination of several factors: proximity to the center, the maximum possible environmental well-being, the availability of convenient ways to transport and prestige of the neighborhood contingent.
State-owned Villas situated in the Prospect Pobedy, streets Garmatna, Yangelya and Viborg. The name given since 1854, when the area pitched in 28 suburban stations and leased. In 1860 the 80-ies built up areas. The most famous was giving "Sanssouci", from which there was a new name to the entire area. With the start of construction of the plant Grether and Krivanek and 80-ies of the XIX century the territory treasury Duch was gradually absorbed by the industrial enterprise, the orders on which mode of operation and did not contribute to relaxation. In the city since 1914.
Karavaevy Dachi are located between Shulyavka and pleasant, the streets
Yangelya, Smolensk, Garmatna, a welcome prospect, and the railroad. Named by the name of Vladimir Karavaeva, which since 1869 there belonged to a large area of land. Volodya Karavaev (1811-92) - Professor of Surgery, Medical Faculty at the University of Kiev and the first in Russia "surgeon ophthalmologist, founder and organizer of the first in Russia Clinics eye diseases. It possessed a large (including rewarding private practice) a priority in the application of new surgical techniques in the field of plastic surgery on her face and amputation. February 18, 1847 in Kiev, the second made across Russia after Pirogov (February 14, 1847, St. Petersburg) surgery with anesthesia. He lived on the street Shuliavka, which in 1891 after 50 years of leadership formed by him at the University Department of Surgery and services to the city was renamed Karavaevskaya (from 1920 - Leo Tolstoy). He was elected an honorary citizen of Kiev. After the death of professor-surgeon territory terrain Karavaevy Villas was in the year 1902-08 is divided into plots and sold under the private estates. The present area Karavaevy Villas combines, in fact, the very long-standing area Karavaevy Villas with localities Novokaravaevy Cottages Villas treasury. Today on Karavaevs cottages there is a street Professors Karavaeva, but sometimes you can find information that is primary in 1962, she was named in honor of a Ustimenko - Ukrainian Soviet scientist and zoologist, who lived in the years 1864-1939 and it is necessary, however, the first, Vladimir Afanasyvitch grandson. Now the street is officially refers to the name of his grandfather. For most people the name Karavaevy Villas associated mainly with stopping electric and the largest radio market in Kiev.
NOVOKARAVAEVY Cottages are located between the street and combine station Kiev-Volinsky. Built up in the 30-40-ies as a continuation of the area Karavaevy Villas. Almost all the buildings of the first third of XX century, demolished in the 70-80-ies.
GRUSHKI are located along the avenue between the streets of Victory and Garmatna Vasilenko. Emerged as a farmhouse in the second half of the XIX century. In the years 1871-1902 belonged to a nobleman K. Grushka, and from there the name of the village. It does not hurt that in the local gardens grow big, juicy and delicious pear. Since 1921, as part of Kiev. And since the mid-twentieth century Privolny gardening season was over and the territory occupied vast industrial zone. Production on her was so intense that, along with other industrial "brothers and sisters, until the 90-ies she strenuously transformed the area into one of the dirtier in the city. Now, while industry is not out of deep crisis, the area can breathe easy. Although still to large and useful pears still far away.
It is gratifying is located in the prospectuses Otradnyj, Cosmonaut Komarov, boulevard Ivan Lepse streets Heroes of Sevastopol, Vasilenko. The name comes from the eponymous village, emerged in 1914 following the purchase of land from local farmers Kiev collegiate registrar Constantine Yanihovskim. The village got its "welcome" the name from the fact that in this place temporarily stationed Kuban Cossack regiment from the village Vidradna. Consolation and facilitate bringing these places ... In 1923 the village incorporated in the city limits. The main building of 1957-63 period. Most houses consist of 5 and 9 floors. The core of the architectural composition of the array is the eponymous park and recreation. And the places of original village are not the same joy and delight. Here stretches a chic industrial zone with the streets and alleys. However, if you listen, you can still feel and smell of time.
POST-Volynskiy located between the airport "Kiev" (formerly "Juliani") and the bloc of Otradnyj, next to the streets of post-Volyn, Chernivtsi and Postova. The name comes from the railway station "Post-Volyn" (now "Kiev-Volyn '). Junction at the junction of routes from Volhynia and Podolia and the adjoining settlements emerged in the second half of the XIX century for the then limits of th ¬ kind. Over time, Kiev stepped over them far ahead. Well, it's his life - "to step over people." And to keep up with it, its residents always have to come from childhood.
ZABAYKOVE located between the streets Baikova, Kirovograd, Volga, Volga alleys, Yasynivsky and south-western border area.
Victor Kovalenko, "Real estate of Kiev"