The Cabinet approved the procedure for public hearings on the consideration of public interests during the drafting of urban planning documentation at the local level. Appropriate resolution of the Cabinet N555 from 25 May 2011 entered into force on June 2. As reported by analysts LІGA: Law, found that rural, village, town councils and their executive committees should ensure that:
- Publication of decisions on the development of planning documentation with predictable legal, economic and environmental impacts;
- Publication of projects and public access to this information;
- Registration, examination and synthesis of proposals for public projects;
- Coordination issues between the public and customers of the projects planning documentation;
- Publishing the results of the proposal public.
Order established a procedure for the implementation of all the above actions of local governments.
Determined that for the consideration of controversial issues should be established conciliation commission. It includes representatives of local authorities, authorities in the field of land resources, environmental, sanitary-epidemiological, town planning authorities, cultural heritage protection and other organs of state power. Also, the commission includes representatives of unions and union associations, architects and scholars, community representatives, elected during the public hearing.
This commission in two weeks, empowered to examine the issues and take action on them.
Recall the project planning documentation (general planning scheme in Ukraine, the scheme layout of individual territories of Ukraine, the general plans of cities) can be examined only after public hearings.