Visas for the owner

22.11.2011 08:00
Articles about real estate | Visas for the owner In the U.S., buying alien housing on 500 thousand dollars he would give a three-year visa. The hope is that foreign investment will help the country out of crisis.

Visa for sobstvennikaAmerikanskie Senators Charles Shamer and Mike Lee presented a draft law under which foreigners bought real estate worth between $ 500 thousand will be able to get a visa that allows residence in the United States.

Related article: Belgian Uccle - alternative to Paris

Innovation will be useful to the State of California, where many foreign buyers, especially the Chinese.

According to the National Association of Realtors (National Association of Realtors), the whole country for the period from 31 March 2010 to March 31, 2011, foreigners and recent immigrants bought properties worth 82 billion dollars is 16 billion more than a year earlier.

According to Sandra Miller, a broker company Engel & Volkers in Santa Monica (California), about 10% of luxury objects acquired by foreign investors. She believes that changing the visa regime, their share could rise threefold. "California, Florida, New York, Colorado, Hawaii, and Texas - in those states, the demand will grow significantly. The western part of the country, of course, will benefit ", - said S. Miller.

The new bill is based on the same idea, as an existing program to issue green cards. According to her foreigners can obtain a residence permit if you are investing in American business $ 500 thousand or more and create jobs for at least ten U.S. citizens.

As planned by Charles Shamera and M. Lee, a foreigner can count on a visa, renewable every three years. To be able to stay in the U.S., the foreign buyer would purchase property for permanent residence for at least 250 thousand dollars of the 500 thousand on the remaining funds can buy a house for rent.

The bill provides for certain restrictions: Property must be paid in lump sum the total - are not allowed to take a mortgage or loan secured by home property, the object must be purchased at a price exceeding the current assessed value, the buyer must live in the house at least 180 days per year, thus it is necessary to pay U.S. income taxes, including income derived from abroad, the visa is no longer valid after the sale of real estate buyer is entitled to bring a spouse and minor children, but neither the property owner or his family will not enjoy the social benefits - get free health care and benefits.

Televisions and other changes to the visa regime. Thus, the Chinese will be able to get multivisa for five years, and Canadians will be allowed to remain in the U.S. without a visa longer than 180 days a year.

Based on materials from the portal
Content tags: Overseas property
Did you like the material?Subscribe to our newsletter
Your comments:
Your opinion will be the first. Thank you for reading this article. I wish you happiness! Please share your opinion in the comment below.