Despite the fact that the definition of "cottage community" is not enshrined in legislation, all well represented, as it looks. The definition of "middle class" in the law also does not indicated, but otherwise the situation is reversed: no one knows what it is - whether hope and support the economy, or disappearing phenomenon. Meanwhile, today at least two of the three village positioned by marketers as "cottage communities for the middle class."
With Russia's middle class situation is roughly as follows. Some researchers believe this phenomenon is that the middle class we have, but he poor. " Proponents of this concept, cut off the interest on ten of the richest and the poorest and say: "Here he is, admire." Other sociologists and marketers are beginning to carefully calculate what you need Russian citizen, to live with dignity in European or American standards, and appropriate consumer that lives without unnecessary luxury, but on a grand scale, is referred to the middle class. And in regard to the basket, get rather expensive set including paid education, credit purchase an apartment, own a cottage, two cars in the family and the opportunity to spend their vacations in warmer climates. And given the prohibitively expensive loans, and cars actually decent real estate, it appears that family income is representative of the Russian middle class has to be hundreds of thousands "have. e. "a year, that is to be significantly higher than that of Western" brothers ".
For all other definition of "decent life for European or American standards," also treated differently: for some two cars - a "Niva" and "Prior", for others - a Mercedes and Toyota. Even greater variation of evaluation criteria is observed when it comes to housing the middle class: from the dacha of the OSB-panels, in addition to standard apartment in the panel house up to a decent house in a protected area and a penthouse overlooking the park.
Based on the two polar points of view on the middle class developed and two diametrically opposed concepts of cottage settlements for him. If we consider the first option, it turns out that the middle class in the country in general has nothing to do but to live in your home can be only the poorest and the richest. And the first - because we do not have enough money for a typical apartment, and credit is not given (because there is nothing to give). That's unfortunate and it is necessary to buy land and build on their own hut with facilities on the street, then to ever buy a septic tank and do a warm bathroom. The latter are ready to buy a luxury home, because the apartment is already there, and not one.
In 2010, the entire alignment of the real estate market has been very, very similar to the truth. Realtors, which this magazine regularly polls confirm: after the crisis in the suburban real estate market kept buyers or the most democratic objects (house price flats "or" land with utilities at the price of a room in a communal "), or at a very respectable and fully finished accommodation houses.
If we apply to the middle class mythologeme "Western Standard", we find that a decent cottage can only afford a representative of a narrow and almost extinct for the stratum of the population during the crisis. That is no more than three to five percent of families.
All addresses infrastructure
Everyone knows that settlements can be summer and permanent residence. But it's not quite true. In fact, they may be conditionally suitable for permanent residence, or certainly not suitable.
It does not solve all engineering systems at home, as was previously thought, and social infrastructure. "Urban amenities - it's not warm toilet and water from the tap, and the school, bus stop, supermarket and a health center within walking distance. According to some surveys, namely the lack of decent schools (and preferably several, with different specializations) often becomes a stumbling block and does not allow young families to settle in the country. It is not that a regional center may not have the grammar school, low-density residential development in the neighborhood of cottages suggests a very different distances and routes of movement, unusual for an inhabitant of the dense urban environment.
In second place traffic inconvenience, not allowing without problems daily commute to work. Alternatively, like the hero of the movie "Office Romance", "find a job closer to home" happy today not all. And to get a prosperous manager: the sawmill, concrete plant, or breathe in the incense agricultural enterprise? Also in the village can not be a bank branch, conservatory and art gallery. There are, however, a layer of the population, linking its future with the development of telecommunications and distance work, but it is very narrow, and with broadband internet in the suburbs of the problem.
In addition, unlike European or American, a Russian landlord does not mobile. In the absence of a civilized market rent and mortgage (current loans secured by real estate only with great reserve can be called a mortgage), he has been unable, shift work, it is easy to move to another district or in a more spacious house, so yes, to change only the size of monthly payments .
As a result, the majority of cottage townships, which are positioned as a settlement for living, interesantami considered only as a second home. And even when fully built, these villages are empty most of the year. Despite the attractive prospects to become homeowners, few were prepared to change the small-sized apartments on their own home with the site.
There is one more feature: the closer to the city, the denser urban development and smaller areas of private households. But as the seal construction sites are not just small and elongated (developers save on intra-roads). As a result, instead of the woods and fields outside the window, most likely have to contemplate the neighbor's possessions. Based on the foregoing, it is logical to assume that in the new year on the market being built suburban housing will be dominated by a more rational approach: increase the popularity of duplex (two-family houses with a common wall), townhouses, and just decent low-rise neighborhoods.
How not to get lost in the laws?
In early December, in the government building of the Leningrad Region with the assistance of the publishing house "Kommersant" hosts conference on investment and building complex and development of territories. There's also talked about a cottage village, located in the area, but intended for those who work in St. Petersburg (and those of today, the vast majority). Let us say at once: if we judge by some remarks of the chairman of the Committee on City Planning and Architecture Eugene Domracheva to cottage communities in the regional authorities attitude is not one, and sometimes tense. For example, in the next five regional areas to the city for 9 thousand hectares of agricultural land use is changed to form country house construction, and on lands of yesterday's farms are building villas. But if the citizens want to move on and move to the suburbs for permanent residence, the entire infrastructure load (same schools, medical facilities and utility networks) can be prohibitive for the regional budget.
In contrast to the former leadership of the regional PGA, which emphasizes private developers in this new concept: the comprehensive development of territories and public-private partnership (PPP). This means that government agencies solve problems of engineering education areas, the formation of living environment and build houses - the inheritance of private companies, and grants and loans - the handiwork of future settlers. If you just, then this approach residential development becoming more diverse, high quality and manageable: instead of villages with a standard thread and randomly conducted by communications satellites cozy town near the new town enterprises in which there is a place and a supermarket and a fitness club and a kindergarten . As well as areas with single-family cottages and five-storey quarters. Meanwhile, other participants complained that the legislative framework for PPPs in the region is underdeveloped: the post-Soviet times, has not appeared in any new settlements, nor the impact of enterprise (the only exception - the port at Ust-Luga).
However, legislation - it is the collective work of all the positive and negative consequences. Today everybody knows about the possibility of a subsidy to build a house or, for example, a residence permit in horticulture. But few know that the law provides for such a possibility before, but it was more theoretical: in practice, nobody has been able to pass this way until the end.
Developers, developing low-rise and cottage designs, publicly complaining about the imperfection of the law, but privately admit that the success or failure of any project depends on creativity, charisma, and literacy of its initiators. Manager, oriented in the law and understand the principles of the living environment, can develop and elite estate, and gardening. But such experts in the suburban real estate market is not enough. Therefore, the authorities have another reserve, which could become a point of collaboration with business - training and professional education of Governors for countryside development projects.
Is it time to developers to work with the authorities to develop a common typology and classification of objects of suburban real estate, as well as to formulate the basic principles of urban development in the suburban areas, not only to deal with a common cause, but even just talk among themselves and with potential homeowners in the same language? It is hoped that in the new year and a common language and common cause in the development of the suburbs there.
1. In what ways and in some suburban areas are shifted vector of consumer demand and the vector activity of the developers? Are these the same direction?
2. What is the "way of cooking" cottage community is the most popular in 2010: the acquisition of a site with the contract, the purchase of land without a contract, the acquisition of the site with the house "turnkey"?
3. What is increasingly looking to the cottage communities: a home for permanent residence or a cottage? For what purpose is most often made the acquisition in a cottage village in 2010?
4. In what segments of cottage settlements (cottage or permanent residence) must wait for increased activity in 2011 and in the townships which classes: "economy", "business" or "elites"?
Andrei Nazarov, CEO of MC "START Development":
1. According to our observations, it is certainly the southern direction. Buyers are attracted to it is a good transport accessibility (compared with other areas), proximity to historic suburbs - Pushkin, Pavlovsk, Gatchina, Peterhof and other - and relatively low prices. Developers appreciate southerly direction for a lot of cheap land suitable for construction, and the great opportunities of accession to the utility networks.
2. In 2010 selected "extreme": a land without a contract, or a house on a turnkey basis, preferably a ready-made. However, building a house on its own is considerably more expensive than the finished house in the final settlement, and sometimes extends over many years. Therefore, our prediction: the house "turnkey" will be more and more popular.
3. This question can not give an exact answer, since it is often impossible to draw a sharp line between holiday villages and houses for living. We have been in his company identified the main criteria for the project for permanent residence: distance from St. Petersburg to 20 km; status of settlement lands, good roads and the availability of public transportation, centralized communication, including gas, as the social infrastructure in the project and in the locality point nearby. So, in the economy class segment satisfying these criteria, only two projects: "New Izhora" and our "Golden Keys".
4. In the segment of economy-class projects for a permanent residence, as people are increasingly willing to abandon the apartment for the benefit of a comfortable country house.
Maria Alexeeva, head of marketing and advertising company Land Aspect:
1. Passed in 2010 limiting specifically identified consumer preferences in suburban real estate. Despite the fact that different market segments - "economy", "business" and "elites" - have their vectors customer demand, we can talk about some general trends. For example, create the most demanded "the limit of range" of the acquired country real estate (it is a comfortable all-season cottages and houses for permanent residence) - the maximum acceptable distance from the city of 70-80 km (which corresponds to 50-60 km from the Ring Road). Northern areas remain attractive for both developers and buyers.
2. In the cooking utensil »location does matter - carefully selected developer of the project location country and a popular point of attraction (bay, lake, extensive buildings) - is still the key to successful project. A definite plus to be a small number of landholdings in the village - from 30 to 60 depending on the class. The advantage would rest with the engineers trained sites without building a contract. In this case, land acquisition will not be vacant. As the experience of the past year, the owners of land parcels start building almost immediately after the completion of the transaction.
3. As in 2009, the number of deals with investment objectives has been minimal. Most of our clients have gained suburban real estate for themselves, with the purchase of land ownership and house building is not an alternative to urban housing. And, despite the fact that some of our projects are positioned as housing estates, many owners, especially those who bought two or three adjacent sites, build town houses designed for all-season use.
4. Talking about market trends in 2011, is betting on the "economy" segment, which in 2010 showed good growth rates. Will run suburban projects that meet the demand for sredneudalennye from the city land a small area.
Sergei Sokolov, general director of Landskrona-Development:
1. Traditionally, the greatest demand is for the northern district of Leningrad region: Vyborg, Priozersky and Vsevolozhsk. And it is precisely in these areas, the largest number of proposals for a cottage village. This interest is due on the one hand, transport accessibility (roads), with another - the rich nature of these areas (forests, lakes). In all these areas are our cottage settlements. We also note for themselves the investment attractiveness in the direction of the Gatchina district. Today the company leads the design work on the comprehensive development of the former recreation "Pishanka, where in addition to cottage development is planned to build a hotel complex.
2. Our client is interested in buying either a ready home ownership, land is a contract. Today it became clear that the buyer is not enough land - he thinks about his own house for permanent residence. We offer our customers a quick solution to this problem - special offer: a site with a typical home. In our village "Lembolovo Park" marked in line plots for such a proposal. But build up the whole village model homes we do not hurry: our client wants to actively participate in designing their future homes. The scope of imagination in this case is almost unlimited. The area of most individual projects within the framework of the village - about 350 square meters. m. The largest project to date - House 1100 sq.. m
3. In the experience of the village "Lembolovo Park, almost all clients purchase homeownership for permanent housing. In addition, our village equidistant from St. Petersburg and the ski resort "Igor." Thus, residents easy access to working in the city and to the point of recreation for the city.
4. I think that next year the trend of previous year. In cottage villages each class has its own audience. Demand in a given segment will affect the readiness of facility and its engineering and infrastructure preparation.
In our villages the business class, we expect the recovery. Interest on the part of consumers due to the small remote sites from the city and availability. One of our towns to suburban residence was commissioned in IV quarter of 2010, another surrenders in IV quarter of 2011.
Elizabeth Conway, head of the elite real estate Knight Frank St. Petersburg
1. Most often, these vectors coincide. Resort area, of course, remains the most popular to this day. Low cost of land in the south, the proximity to the boundaries of the Resort area of some parts of the Vyborg provoke developers to buy land. As a result, supply exceeds demand, a class can not forward-looking statements. At the south direction is not in great demand items "A" and "B" classes. Therefore, there is certainly dominated by economy-class townships. More and more developing Vsevolozhsk direction.
2. "Cooking" cottage community depends primarily on its class. The lower class, the stronger the buyer's desire not to spend the money immediately, but first to buy land without a contract or part with contract and then build a house. Trend next year in the class "A" will be at home on a turnkey basis. Already this year, demand for the finished product formed increased markedly.
3. More and more people want to live outside of St. Petersburg. But the state of social and transport infrastructure can not live permanently in the country. If you have children or elderly parents, go back only as to the country. In addition to these regional centers, such as Komarovo, Repin, Zelenogorsk and Sestroretsk for permanent residence I note Vsevolozhsk trend whose popularity is due to the proximity to town and the high environmental parameters.
4. In the luxury segment, we are already seeing increased activity. The volume of supply is seriously increased over the same period last year. The most significant quantitative increase in cottage settlements - in a segment of plots without a contract: in the III quarter of 2010, proposed 87 sites (in the III quarter of 2009 - 44). According to our estimates, next year, an increase in supply in all segments will gain momentum.